Oatmeal Toffee Crunch Cookies

I have been told by a good source that these cookies are addictive!

That same source hid a whole box of these in his office desk drawer so nobody else in the office could have any.  He’s a cookie hoarder!

Luckily I sent a bunch of other cookies to the office at the same time and hopefully nobody noticed.

This is another one of my old recipes that I made and “perfected” years ago.  I just converted the recipe to gluten free recently and I made a few other changes too.

When I made these originally, the recipe called for cut up Heath candy bars.  You can still do that but this time I used the Heath toffee bits that you can buy in a bag in the chocolate chip section of your grocery store.

The Heath bits don’t have chocolate on them so I added some chocolate chips too.  The resulting cookie spreads out more- I guess it is from the moisture in the chocolate chips.  They spread out just a little thicker than an oatmeal lace kind of cookie.  They are chewy for the first day or two as well- yum!

Besides the toffee bits and the chocolate chips, there is oatmeal and chopped pecans in these cookies.

These would be great to make to give away during the holiday season or for a bake sale.

This recipe is gluten free, but if you don’t have issues with gluten, you can just use “regular” flour and oatmeal (not quick cooking).

I shared this recipe with Potluck Sunday at Mommy’s Kitchen, Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist, Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairy Tale, Homemaker Monday at 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven, Hearth And Soul Hop at A Moderate Life, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar And Gluten Free, Full Plate Thursdays at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Simple Lives Thursday at A Little Bit Of Spain In Iowa

11 Responses to Oatmeal Toffee Crunch Cookies
  1. Christy
    March 29, 2011 | 11:48 am

I would hide these cookies also – I love toffee – I am bookmarking this for next year’s cookie party with my girls! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

2. Miz Helen
    April 1, 2011 | 7:58 am

Hi Andrea,
    When I see crunch and toffee, you have me right there. This looks like a great cookie that we would really enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

April 1, 2011 | 2:55 pm

Hi Miz Helen! Thank you!

4. Renee
    April 3, 2011 | 6:48 pm

Oh my! These sound sinful! They are bookmarked and since I need to use up some of those oats…hmmm, vacation next week, so maybe these are going along.

April 4, 2011 | 2:32 pm

Hi Renee! Thanks for your comment! I hope you get a chance to try these cookies!

6. jan haupt
    April 7, 2011 | 6:10 pm

just made these cookies. they are wonderful.

April 7, 2011 | 8:28 pm

Thank you so much for commenting Jan!

8. Patrick Fitzgerald
    April 24, 2011 | 7:29 am

I was just recently diagnosed with Celiac’s diease. I’ve had very bad stomach pains and lots of other pain in my abdominal area for a long time. I was online surfing and came across this site, which really provided me with some helpful information. I just wanted to say thank you. I’ve been on a strict gluten free diet now for 5 months and I have been feeling wonderful. I have also been going to some gluten free parties and have made a new group of friends by buying gluten free products from one of the local health food stores. The food isn’t cheap so I always keep my eye out for deals or search online for the best prices. Anyway, thanks again for all the info. I just put this in my favorites.

April 24, 2011 | 4:42 pm

Hi Patrick! I’m so happy you found my blog! I’m glad the gluten free diet is helping you! If you are on Twitter at all, there is a large friendly gluten free community there too. On Twitter I am @andreasjewelry

10. jan haupt
    June 28, 2011 | 5:26 am

these cookies are the best gluten free cookies that I make. Always turn out excellent.

June 28, 2011 | 8:15 am

Jan you are so sweet to take the time to comment- thank you so much!