Pureed Zucchini Soup With Sun Dried Tomato

This is an amazingly easy soup to make and it’s a good use of zucchini when you have an abundance.  This soup freezes well because it is pureed- no texture to lose in the freezer!

I use chicken stock to give this soup more flavor but you can easily substitute vegie stock instead.

I shared the link to this recipe with Meatless Mondays at My Sweet And Savory blog and Meatless Mondays at Midnight Maniac, Thoughts On Friday In The Middle Of The Road at A Moderate Life, Frugal Food Thursday at Frugal Follies, Pennywise Platter Thursday at The Nourishing Gourmet, Gluten Free Wednesdays at The Gluten Free Homemaker, Works For Me Wednesday at We Are That Family

9 Responses to Pureed Zucchini Soup With Sun Dried Tomato
  1. April@The 21st Century Housewife
    February 14, 2011 | 2:30 am

I love the sound of your yummy soup – I’m always looking for new zucchini recipes in preparation for gardening season, especially ones that freeze well!

Thank you for linking up to Feed Me Tweet Me once again :)

February 14, 2011 | 10:35 am

Thank you April! This is a good way to use an abundance of zucchini up!

April 5, 2011 | 1:09 pm

This looks like a real winner. I have some frozen shredded zucchini from last summer that would probably work in this recipes. I also have some frozen sun dried tomatoes I made that need to be used. I might give it a try for lunch this week.

April 5, 2011 | 1:59 pm

Thank you Linda! This is a great way to use up zucchini when you have a lot!

5. judee@glutenfreeA-Z
    April 6, 2011 | 6:41 am

I am always looking for new ideas to use for zuchhini.
    This recipe looks great.

April 6, 2011 | 10:31 am

Thank you Judee!

7. Azil
    February 4, 2014 | 12:56 pm

I saw this easy, delicious sounding soup and had to try it right away. While it simmers… I love zucchini’s, so this was wonderful to find… I like to grate them in my processor and put them in a bowl and add a little salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic powder…then dehydrate them in little circles, makes the best snack or if thick enough a pizzza round ready for tomatoes and feta and garlic…and lots of basil.

February 24, 2014 | 11:20 am

Thanks for your comment Azil! Your recipe sounds wonderful too!

9. 15 Skinny Diet Soups