Cauliflower “Potato” Salad

This low carb salad will satisfy almost anyone’s desire for potato salad!

Cauliflower stands in for carb-heavy potatoes but all of the other ingredients are the same as a traditional potato salad.

My dressing might be lighter than others that you are used to but it has plenty of flavor to cover up any stray cauliflower taste!

You can make this salad up ahead of time just like a regular potato salad.

This is a beautiful salad when garnished with sliced hard boiled eggs, olives and parsley.

This is the traditional rendition of this salad but I already have ideas to take it lots of different directions.   It’s great because it is so healthy and good for you!

I shared the link to this recipe on Meatless Monday at My Sweet And Savory, Potluck Sunday at Mommys Kitchen, Real Food Wednesday at Kelly The Kitchen Kop, Gluten Free Wednesdays at The Gluten Free Homemaker, Fantabulous Friday at Mommas Kinda Crafty, Frugal Food Thursdays at Frugal Follies, Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Simple Lives Thursday at A Little Bit Of Spain In Iowa, Pennywise Platter Thursday at The Nourishing Gourmet, This Weeks Cravings at Mom’s Crazy Cooking, Allergy Friendly Friday at Cybele Pascale Allergy Friendly Cuisine

12 Responses to Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
  1. Judee@glutenfreeA-Z
    December 9, 2010 | 4:55 pm

I love making low carb food with caulifower as a substitute. Your recipe looks delicious. Thanks for the step by step with pictures.. It always helps.

December 9, 2010 | 6:36 pm

Thanks for your comment Judee! I really don’t eat potatoes much any more so it’s so nice that cauliflower can stand in so easily for them!

3. Chaya
    December 11, 2010 | 11:21 pm

Andrea, I appreciate your subbing the cauliflower for the potatoes. It is such a healthy dish now. Thanks for linking it to My Meatless Mondays and stop by on Monday, to see who has been put in the spotlight. Hint hint…….

December 12, 2010 | 10:12 am

Hi Chaya! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am having fun linking to your Meatless Mondays post! I’m so glad that I found you! Thank you for allowing me to take part! Andrea

5. Miz Helen
    February 17, 2011 | 5:41 pm

Hi Andrea,
    That salad really looks so good and it doesn’t look like cauliflower. I am going to try this really soon and it is so good for you. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

February 17, 2011 | 10:33 pm

Thanks for your nice comments Miz Helen! You are going to love this salad!

7. AMY
    February 18, 2011 | 12:23 am

Yummy, what a wonderful and clever substitute! I gotta try out your recipe soon. :)

Amy

February 18, 2011 | 11:27 am

Hi Amy! I am always thinking how I can use cauliflower in place of both potatoes and also pasta. I do this because I eat gluten free but also because I don’t want the carbs.

9. Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING
    March 29, 2011 | 4:33 pm

Thanks so much for linking up to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS.

We would like to invite you back next Monday for a new theme “Husband’s Cook”; so if you have a post already or want to get your significant other in the kitchen this week, next week’s linky party is gonna be loads of fun, I know I can’t WAIT to see what my “non-cooking husband is gonna make”!

10. Jeanette
    June 4, 2011 | 4:56 am

I love how your substitute cauliflower in this “potato” salad, so much healthier! I’ve seen cauliflower mashed “potatoes” so this is perfect way to enjoy cauliflower during the summer.

June 4, 2011 | 9:32 pm

Thank you so much Jeanette! I have so many more ideas of recipes to try with cauliflower!

12. 15 Detox Meatless Salads