Easy Gluten Free Pizza With Italian Sausage

This gluten free pizza recipe is easier because it uses Trader Joe’s Rice Flour Tortillas for the crust.

Before Trader Joe’s offered Rice Flour Tortillas I used to make it with their corn tortillas, but the rice is much closer to a real pizza crust flavor because it is neutral.

I have not played with gluten free pizza dough yet but it’s on the to-do list!

In this recipe you make a simple tomato paste sauce with a few other ingredients and then you cook some good Italian sausage to use along with a good dry salami that is not too greasy or salty.

I found the Columbus brand  at Trader Joe’s.  It really is incredible and way too easy to eat!

You could eat slices of this pizza as an appetizer since it is a smaller than normal, or you could use it as a main course with a nice salad.

I shared this recipe with This Weeks Cravings at From My Tiny Kitchen, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar And Gluten Free, Gluten Free Wednesdays at The Gluten Free Homemaker

7 Responses to Easy Gluten Free Pizza With Italian Sausage
  1. Kerry
    August 20, 2010 | 3:16 pm

Yum! Can’t wait to try this one.

2. Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING
    January 13, 2011 | 8:00 pm

Thanks so much for the recipe! I may be going down this Gluten-Free road with my daughter soon! First doctor appt was today, so we’ll see! Thanks again for linking up!

I am also having my first giveaway starting tomorrow, I hope you come back and sign up!

January 13, 2011 | 9:47 pm

Thanks for your comment Tina! The great thing about having gluten issues now is that there are so many options available- unlike 5 or 10 years ago when there wasn’t much!

4. Christine
    February 8, 2011 | 10:14 pm

This looks so good and I love how simple and easy it is. Now that I’m almost done this Daniel fast, I’m getting a greater appreciation of meals with only a few dishes and come together in less than 20 minutes!

Thanks for sharing this link with me! :)

May 10, 2011 | 11:05 am

This is easy! I could see using this idea and letting each person make their own pizza. Thanks for participating in the challenge.

May 11, 2011 | 8:00 am

Thank you Linda!

7. susan phillips
    June 10, 2014 | 3:18 pm

Just got on your website. I made the sausage pizza
    and loved it. Just started gluten free as of Jan.
    this year. Thanks to reading the GRAIN BRAIN BOOK.
    Everyone should think about going gluten free, just
    read the book.